Saturday, October 10, 2009

am i blessed with you or cursed?

"people compare me with my brother" this is a famous line from the movie american history x. when i first saw that movie i was able to relate myself with edward furlog who plays the the kid brother and my brother ashok with edward norton who plays the brother. even in my life people compare me with my brother which is something i am not very comfortable with although it instigates a sense of pride in me being compared with my brother.i have the same obsession with my brother that edward furlong has in the movie. the premise and circumstances may be different but it feels good to see someone on the screen who is just like you. this movie came at a time when i was beginning to think am i the only one in this vast world of ours who is so obsessed with his brother and i must tell you this movie gave me relief.

I follow my brother exactly the way furlong does in the movie. when it comes to my brother i lose my senses i feel as if power to think lies with him and i am a mere robot controlled by him. there is an incident which i would like to quote in this blog. a few years back i was watching a movie with my brother which i actually liked very much but my brother did not. and the very next moment i started hating that movie in fact i hated everone who liked it because my brother didn't.


my brother has his set of insecurities, fears , set backs lke every other human does on this earth. but as i have already told i lose my senses when he is around . there isn't a single thing in me that could be compared with my brother.


if ashok is kept in a room full of people. no matter who they are where they come from or the language they speak. i would bet my life that he would emerge as " the paul newman in a room full f charlie hardys"

4 comments:

  1. holy shit! having read all the 4 pieces, if there's one thing i deduce, its your obsession with hollywood. that tryst which influences the way you think, the way you feel and the way you act. i think we have quite a few more things in common than i first thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok now, that is something which i call an interesting comment. sirish bhai the time has come for the meeting. let's meet sometime and i am pretty sure that i would enjoy every bit of our conversation it's been a long time since i have actually met someone with real meaty brain

    ReplyDelete
  3. rofl! meeting, pucca. but i can't assure you of a real meaty brain or whatever you are expecting. probably, for one, i can promise you an earnest conversation. i've been wanting to meet you to, especially after having heard all that from raghava and deekshit, i'm really looking forward to it. sure, prob'ly sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaaa..! You made him paul newman from edward norton..!!
    Crazy sandeep...! I love seeing the well characterized characters in this post...!!

    ReplyDelete

V I S I T O R S - C O U N T

yaz class action lawsuit