Friday, October 9, 2009

dirty harry

know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

bang bang

dirty harry has just killed the scorpion and the end credits were rolling on my screen. i got up and went out helped myself to a garam chai had a quick puff went back to my room and boy i was all pumped up there was a rush of adrenaline in my body and my mind was still in the state of utter disbelief of what i saw earlier in the day.

movies made in the seventies hardly excite me. i never had trust in those old school directors though a few of them like sydney lumet and martin scorcese have always managed to surpass my expectations. dirty harry is one of those few gems that i have avoided watching all these days owing to my 70's phobia

this particular movie was lying there in my huge collection of movies for quiet a while.a few weeks back i was sitting there in my room watching a stupid coming of age flick called "ferris buellers day off" there was this scene in the movie which caught my attention the principal of a high school goes crazy with joy when his female assistant compares him with dirty harry, this particular scene has got me thinking and the urge to watch this movie surpassed my 70's phobia and i was able to get myself to watch. everytime i see it i ask my self a question

how did they do this?

clint eastwood the man who played dirty harry superstar of yesteryear, this guy has only one expression the famous "eastwood frown". the following statement would hurt all the paul newman fans around the world but myself being an ardent follower of paulie i dont hesitate to say that "clint eastwood is the big dadda of paul newman"

each era has it's own set of classics if its lawrence of arabia and 12 angry men for the 50's its taxi driver and the raging bull for the seventies but only few classics have that everlasting essence and they make themselves comfortable in any era of cinema and i take pride to declare that dirty harry is one of them.

this movie has got that rare quality to age with time. dirty harry is continuing to charm his viewers even today.

1 comment:

  1. i like that collection..interesting. but i think raging bull was made in the 80s..chk it out..

    ReplyDelete

V I S I T O R S - C O U N T

yaz class action lawsuit