Saturday, October 10, 2009

BOTH

mummy or daddy and i say daddy, biryani or roti and i say biryani, tarantino or ritchie and i say both. people i cant express my obsession with both of them. this obsession is beyond the reach of words.

now how on the face of this earth can someone make a decision and pick one if they have to pick the better one out from ritchie and tarantino. on one side is the guy who made snatch and on other side is the guy who made pulp fiction. on one side is the guy who wrote " If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything, I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now, do you understand everything I've said? 'Cause if you don't, I'll kill ya. " and on the other side is the guy who wrote"I don't need you to tell me how fucking good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys SHIT. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead nigger in my garage"


but i can make an attempt to compare both of them and i don't think it would be much of an offense . lets start with tarantino this guy has this unique style of storytelling the "chapter style" watching a tarantino movie is like reading a text book. attention to detail is taken care of and there's no rule that a new chapter begins where the previous chapter ends. but at the end everything makes sense. coming to the dialouge you have to be a patient listener patience is an essential ingredient to enjoy a tarantino meal. if someone asks me what is it that makes his films band apart(incidentally the production house of tarantio is called "band apart" films) from other movies and i say it is the characters in his movies which create a difference. and also the depiction of extreme violence in his movies which is mostly off screen is first of its kind. tarantino has this obsession with the faded stars of yesteryear he often casts them in pivotal roles. john travolta, harvey keitel,kurt russel,pam grier are some of the few stars who got a fresh lease of life through his movies. his unconventional story telling and interesting character structures coupled with some smart dialouge puts him at the top of the list in the race of hollywoods most creative drectors.


coming to guy ritchie this guy doesn't take himself seriously starting from lock stock to the more recent rocknrolla all of them are heist movies. never did a heist movie made people laugh in the history of hollywood as much as snatch and lock stock did. interestingly in all his movies the anti protagonist is smarter and has more brains than the main protagonist this is something which we seldom dont get to watch. never mind the star cast or who plays who.this guy doesnt need any stars . theres no need of any patience to watch his movies the dialouge is smart,funy,powerfull and in your face .


if some one points a gun at me point black and asks me to pick one of them my answer would be still the same


BOTH....

3 comments:

  1. rofl! sex bomb ending that..i really enjoy reading your pieces. you have this knack. anyway, ive never seen either a tarantino or a ritchie but have heard quite a lot about both of 'em. now, i guess, is the time to go watch it. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i was starving and about to have a biryani.. then i get to read this post..!
    I wil be no more hungry...!
    Seriously.. BOTH..? thanks sandy
    you are my clone.. or vice versa wateva..!

    ReplyDelete

V I S I T O R S - C O U N T

yaz class action lawsuit